So basically, I know probably everyone had worked in retail at some point in there lives as it’s a easy way to make money, but boy is it hard. We’ve just had the Christmas holidays and these two weeks off were so not weeks ‘off’ as working is not a break. Im actually looking forward to going back to school as it’s generally kind of a rest compared to work, oh my days how sad is that. Being on your feet for 8/9 hours everyday for the past two weeks is horrendous, I can feel my heels start to physically break out of tiredness. Not to mention the shoes are tearing my feet apart without even walking,eugh. I’m gonna be brutally honest now,let of the people I work with are amazing, they are so helpful and willing, it makes the day go faster if you have mates to confide in about what your doing with your life working all day, but sometimes the management can be a bit Yano, F*CKING RUDE. But of course I definitely haven’t experienced that at all. Hands down the worst thing about working in retail is the customers, not to be a spoiler, some people can be so disgustingly vile it’s actaylly quite insane. The way individuals come up to you and are like ‘hi do you work here’ ‘ are you staff’, no Jenny i just wear this badge for the crack. I’m actually tired of standing up for so long that my back aches, my feet are sore and I can’t get the damn phrase ‘can I help?’ Out of my head after saying it the 50000th time that day. Like sometimes I really think the customers believe they can do a better job than you even though you undergo training days and what not, I just feel like saying ‘well why don’t you have ago if you think your better’ geez. This Christmas period was the worst time of my life, legit my day of was Christmas day, how sad. People wreck up hundreds on Christmas presents and then to top that of you have the Boxing Day sales which entails of sad sad sad individuals who queue up from five in the morning in the cold outside waiting for those doors of excitement to open.. I think not, I waited until the very last second to go down and force myself onto the shop floor. Christmas this year didn’t even feel like it, it was over before I knew it, literally, I was back in boxing bloody day. I mean I guess it’s not that bad, I get extra money, oh yeah wait I forgot I get paid £6 an hour, really worth my time yeah?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog